Today the pups are 5 weeks old. This morning we had a very nice time together in the puppy pen. Most of them were on their backs, relaxing, trying to suckle on my underarm (yeah, there's nothing for you there, silly pups!) Then Marley came in the room and upset everyone. It was time to nurse!
For the past couple of days, they have been eating kibble three times a day and nursing for shorter periods of time. They are now drinking from a water dish. It seems like everyone is enjoying the larger space now that I removed the walls of the whelping box.
I know you're looking for a photo update but Karen is coming over tomorrow and the plan is to get pictures of the pups in a stacked position. That will have to suffice for their 5 week old shots unless Bree gets home from the NKOTB concert in Seattle at a decent time. The pups move around too much now for me to take photos by myself - it's nice to have help.
All the pups have sweet temperaments. They are lickers! Yipee. Some more than others but they will all give kisses. And, they are wagging their tails - it is so cute to watch them play bow with one another. I have been letting the pups run around the front room and kitchen/dining room for the past couple of days. They seem to be enjoying themselves, alot. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary for normal puppy behavior so please don't think my observations are anything more than a snapshot of where they are at this point in time.
Here goes:
Squeak is a character - he loves to jump at me. I caught him in the air once tonight. I think he was a little confused but not for long.
Patriot has found the big dog toy box. The other day he was walking around with a "killed" fox. Killed = no more stuffing. He was pretty pleased with himself.
Rancher loves to wait for me at the front of the pen to pick him up and let him run around the front room. He has tried to chew on my rocking chair but gets caught every time. That's when he takes off running like a crazy puppy. I'm pretty sure he has surpassed Bear in the weight column - he's pretty solid. Rancher has also started playing with Hannah's tennis ball - pushing it around on the tile floor and then picking it up and running into the front room.
Bear loves to chew on my hands, feet, toes, chin, hair, etc. He's a good listener and stops when I tell him No! At least for a second, anyway. I sound a little silly making all those yelping noises but it gets the point across.
Lemon Drop is now over 5 pounds. That means everyone gets a reprieve from the scale because it only goes up to 80 oz. He kind of coo/barks - it's very sweet and coos when he sleeps. He's not much of a player yet and Hannah has taken a huge liking to him. She sits outside the pen and looks at him and he sits inside the pen and looks at her, just talking away. The other night he carried a small Christmas octopus all around the pen. The toy is almost as big as he is.
Paloma still has her moments when she's telling everyone off. She's not afraid to go head to head with Hannah - thankfully, Hannah lets Paloma boss her around. I don't know if that will continue once Hannah figures out Paloma isn't going anywhere.
Well, that's it for now ~ Audrey, Hannah, and Marley
For the past couple of days, they have been eating kibble three times a day and nursing for shorter periods of time. They are now drinking from a water dish. It seems like everyone is enjoying the larger space now that I removed the walls of the whelping box.
I know you're looking for a photo update but Karen is coming over tomorrow and the plan is to get pictures of the pups in a stacked position. That will have to suffice for their 5 week old shots unless Bree gets home from the NKOTB concert in Seattle at a decent time. The pups move around too much now for me to take photos by myself - it's nice to have help.
All the pups have sweet temperaments. They are lickers! Yipee. Some more than others but they will all give kisses. And, they are wagging their tails - it is so cute to watch them play bow with one another. I have been letting the pups run around the front room and kitchen/dining room for the past couple of days. They seem to be enjoying themselves, alot. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary for normal puppy behavior so please don't think my observations are anything more than a snapshot of where they are at this point in time.
Here goes:
Squeak is a character - he loves to jump at me. I caught him in the air once tonight. I think he was a little confused but not for long.
Patriot has found the big dog toy box. The other day he was walking around with a "killed" fox. Killed = no more stuffing. He was pretty pleased with himself.
Rancher loves to wait for me at the front of the pen to pick him up and let him run around the front room. He has tried to chew on my rocking chair but gets caught every time. That's when he takes off running like a crazy puppy. I'm pretty sure he has surpassed Bear in the weight column - he's pretty solid. Rancher has also started playing with Hannah's tennis ball - pushing it around on the tile floor and then picking it up and running into the front room.
Bear loves to chew on my hands, feet, toes, chin, hair, etc. He's a good listener and stops when I tell him No! At least for a second, anyway. I sound a little silly making all those yelping noises but it gets the point across.
Lemon Drop is now over 5 pounds. That means everyone gets a reprieve from the scale because it only goes up to 80 oz. He kind of coo/barks - it's very sweet and coos when he sleeps. He's not much of a player yet and Hannah has taken a huge liking to him. She sits outside the pen and looks at him and he sits inside the pen and looks at her, just talking away. The other night he carried a small Christmas octopus all around the pen. The toy is almost as big as he is.
Paloma still has her moments when she's telling everyone off. She's not afraid to go head to head with Hannah - thankfully, Hannah lets Paloma boss her around. I don't know if that will continue once Hannah figures out Paloma isn't going anywhere.
Well, that's it for now ~ Audrey, Hannah, and Marley

No comments:
Post a Comment