Sunday, October 19, 2014

Time For OFA Tests

Sparrow and I made an early morning trip from Hollister to Pleasanton, CA, for her OFA tests. She had her hips and elbows x-rayed and her blood drawn for her OFA Thyroid. She was very unsure of the two men who turned her over but held still with not much effort on my part. She really shined when she had to hold still for the blood draw. Good girl!! They did tell me she is a very nice looking girl!! Of course she is!!! 

While at the showgrounds, we saw several of our California and Nevada friends!! YAY!! Marty Sanford's boy, Mac, handled by Jessica Vetter, took Winner's Dog and Best of Winners for two points. The major in girls was broken by no shows. Mac is out of Brick who is Kirby's brother, although different litters. So, Mac is a cousin to Sparrow. Marty has Finnrok Vizslas in Colorado. 

Now we wait. I should hear back in about three weeks on Sparrow's hip rating from OFA.

I know I can't make you do it; it is a little spendy, but please consider having your OFA tests done.

Take care . . . .

No comments: