On October 4th, Paloma and I went to the Vet for a check-up on a lipoma that was growing between the muscles of her left rear leg. The Vet measured it and it had indeed grown 2cm since her checkup in July. While I was there I asked the Vet to check a new bump and asked if it had already been charted. It had not so she did an FNA. The results were not good and came back as a mast cell tumor. I had wanted to wait until after David's (our son) wedding at the end of October to do anything about her leg but when I heard she hadn't dodged the bullet that hit her brothers, I couldn't wait. She was scheduled for surgery, originally for October 18th, but a cancellation allowed her to have surgery on October 11th instead. The Vet threw it out there that since she'd be under anesthesia for the MCT she could very discreetly check the lipoma on Paloma's leg. One concern was it could have been an infiltrative lipoma to which she would need a specialist for surgery. I waited around at the vet until Paloma was out of surgery and when it was over, I received the most wonderful news! The Vet was able to get clean margins on the MCT and was also able to scoop out the very large lipoma from her back leg. While Paloma was under she also had a dental and on examination was found to have two loose and infected front teeth - she lost those. The following Tuesday we went in for a check-up on her drain and the histology report was back - clean margins, low grade, and no mitotic cells seen. YAY for absolutely wonderful news!! Paloma goes back on the 18th to have her drain removed.





No comments:
Post a Comment