The pups got me up at 2am today. When Squeak came back into the house, he was acting oddly. He was shaking his ears, and rubbing his face on the carpet. I thought it was his ears, so I checked them. Nope, they looked good. Then, I happened to look at his nose and said, "You don't have a Roman nose! What's going on here?" So, I took him into the bedroom and had Marc look at him. Yep, something was wrong. And, he had hives on the top of his head, and his legs. Nothing was new so I could only deduce it was an insect bite of some sort and that he was having an allergic reaction to. So, I gave him 25 mg of Benadryl. Little boy got to sleep with us in the Big Bed - mostly so I could listen to his breathing and to settle him. The medicine actually put him to sleep.



When Marc and I got up at 6am, Squeak didn't look much better. I called the Emergency Clinic and talked to them about Squeak. They told me I could probably wait to see his regular vet when they opened at 8am. So, I (we) took Marc to the airport and then headed down to our regular vet. She wasn't there but Dr Merrill was. He said Squeak checked out normal (does he KNOW Squeak?!?) but treated him with Temaril, a combination corticosteroid and antihistamine so the swelling on his nose would go down.

Of course, I thought Squeak was due to go home today. Nope, I was confused - he goes home tomorrow. By tonight, his nose is back to normal, he's had his bath, his DNA swab, and he's had his Christmas picture taken. He'll get one more dose of Benadryl later tonight but he'll be ready to go as soon as Fane and Murray arrive in the morning.
Little toot, Dr Merrill thought it was a spider bite. Goodness. Well, his Gramma Lena swells up when she gets bitten by a spider, too. Maybe it just runs in the family! :(
Catch You All Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment